Product review summary
- Enjoy all the functionality of the Google Assistant and a 7"" touchscreen with the chalk Google Nest Hub. It is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity to browse online content, control your compatible smart home devices, and connect with other local smart devices; Bluetooth is also built-in to enable streaming from your favorite compatible device. The touchscreen helps simplify on-screen app navigation and displays search results, photos, videos, your smart security footage, and more. A physical mute switch enables you to turn off the onboard microphones for added privacy.
- Personalize Your Routines The Nest Hub allows you to set up custom routines. With Voice Match, you can say, ""Hey Google, good morning,"" to view your personalized events, commute, reminders, and more. Later, you can say, ""Hey Google, good night"" to set an alarm, turn off the lights, and more. And with Ambient EQ, the Nest Hub dims to match the lighting in your room.
- Get All-Day Help on Your Home Screen The home screen lets you see your upcoming activities and commute at a glance. Plus, you can get recommended YouTube videos, view recipes and timers, and explore what your Assistant can do.
- Control Your Connected Home in One ViewVoice-control thousands of compatible devices, from lights and cameras to TVs and more, all from a single dashboard. When connected to your Nest system, the Nest Hub can show you who's at the front door and in other areas where you have a compatible camera.
- Get Answers for Any Moment
Just ask the Google Assistant what you want to know and get visual answers about recipes, local businesses, sports, and more. And since some questions are better answered with a video, you can ask for helpful videos to view on the 7"" screen.
- Multimedia Capable
Enjoy songs and videos from YouTube Music, Spotify, Pandora, and iHeartRadio.
- Relive the Moment with Google Photos Use your voice to show any of your pictures in Google Photos, and with Live Albums, you can see the latest photos of your loved ones.
- Mute Switch The mute switch allows you to mute the onboard microphones for added privacy.
- Over-the-Air Updates
When available, the Nest Hub will automatically update to the latest software version.
- Additional Speaker & Microphone Specs
24 Hz LFR 2-mic array
Far-field voice recognition supports hands-free use
Speaker outputs up to 80 dB SPL @ 1 kHz, 1 m
Light sensor automatically adjusts screen color and brightness
From the Manufaturer
Stay organized by managing your calendar and setting reminders right from your Smart Display. Browse recipes, get step-by-step instructions, and set timers – all hands-free. Missing something? Ask Google to add to your shopping list or make a purchase with Google Express.1
Play music, podcasts, and radio from popular services like YouTube. And now, stream videos directly from YouTube. Your Smart Display also works with Chromecast, so you can stream your favorite shows, movies or music on your TVs using only your voice.2
Ask Google questions and get glanceable answers. Watch helpful how-to video tutorials powered by YouTube and Google Search. Catch up on the news while making breakfast. Ask about your commute, the weather, local businesses, random fun facts, and more.1
Keep in touch
With Google Duo for video calling, instantly connect face-to-face with your friends and family. Make high-quality video calls or phone calls to your loved ones on your Smart Display. Just say, “Hey Google, call Mom”.3
Control your home
Ask Google to turn up the thermostat, brighten the lights, or start the coffee maker. Pull up a live stream of your camera to see who's at the door. Your Smart Display is designed to connect seamlessly with your smart home, supporting 40,000 devices.4